A list of courses available for free and dedicated to SysAdmin and DevOps.
AWS Training and Certiﬁcation ^
Discusses a new feature that extends ACM’s certificate management capabilities to private certificates. You’ll learn how to get started with ACM - PCA, learn how this managed private CA service helps you easily and securely manage the lifecycle of your private certificates, and look at some use cases .
Provides a brief overview of how this new service can help manage secrets like OAuth tokens and application API keys. It concludes with a demonstration of how AWS Secrets Manager can generate and automatically rotate your secrets and passwords.
Discusses how this new service uses advanced machine learning technologies to provide high quality translation on demand. The course introduces you to the features and benefits of the service. We also walk through several use cases and examples of Amazon Translate so you can see the service in action.
Highlights key features and use cases of this new automatic speech recognition (ASR) service. We will review the benefits of deep learning to improve the accuracy of transcriptions and demonstrate a simple transcription.
Free digital training to build your skills and learn about AWS services and solutions. Learn how to develop, deploy, and optimize applications on AWS.
Learn from AWS experts how to leverage your developer skills to build and run applications in the AWS Cloud.
Learn from AWS experts how to leverage your developer skills to deploy applications in the AWS Cloud.
Learn from AWS experts how to leverage your developer skills to optimize applications in the AWS Cloud.
This course is designed to help you “think serverless.” Learn how to combine AWS managed services including AWS Lambda and Amazon API Gateway in event-driven patterns to power scalable and secure serverless applications.
This course introduces you to container technologies and how they can be used to modernize your applications, as well as exploring how different AWS services can be used to manage and orchestrate those containers.
Microsoft Virtual Academy: Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) offers free IT training for Developers, IT Pros, Data Scientists, and for anyone interested in improving their IT skills.
Learn new skills and discover the power of Microsoft products with step-by-step guidance. Start your journey today by exploring learning paths and modules.
As a Network Administrator, do you wonder how Windows 10 can help you protect against everyday security threats? Join popular experts Erdal Ozkaya and Raymond Comvalius for an in-depth look at the most secure Windows ever, and see how to put the new features to work for you right away, as you build up your Windows 10 security skills.
Start with a look at how the security landscape is different today, and then take a look at how to protect your systems at the device level. See a demo of secure logon with Windows Hello and Credential Guard. Learn to protect your data with Windows Information Protection and Conditional Access. Plus, find out how Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection can help you to detect, investigate, and respond to Advanced Persistent Threats.
Learn how Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection can help you to detect, investigate, and respond to Advanced Persistent Threats.
In this brief but powerful enterprise security course, find out how can you best utilize Windows Server 2016 as an active participant in your datacenter security and how it can help protect against and detect threats.
If you’re moving from a Windows Server 2012 fabric to a Windows Server 2016 guarded fabric, don’t miss this hands-on, brick-by-brick step-through of a live Windows Server 2016 guarded fabric deployment, and see how easy it is, with the right hardware and software.
You will learn to describe Azure Arc, implement Azure Arc with on-premises server instances, deploy Azure policies with Azure Arc, and use role-based access control (RBAC) to restrict access to Log Analytics data.
You'll learn how to implement scaling for virtual machine scale sets and load-balanced VMs. You'll also learn how to implement Azure Site Recovery.
You'll be able to implement Azure Monitor for IaaS VMs in Azure, implement Azure Monitor in on-premises environments, and use dependency maps.
You'll be able to enable Azure Update Management, deploy updates, review an update assessment, and manage updates for your Azure VMs.
You'll be able to plan a migration and select appropriate server migration tools. You will also learn how to use Azure Migrate, how to assess physical servers, and how to migrate those servers.
You'll learn about Azure Backup before learning to implement Recovery Vaults and Azure Backup Policies. You’ll learn to implement Windows IaaS VM recovery, perform backup and restore of on-premises workloads, and manage Azure VM backups.
Get an in-depth look at the design, architecture, and deployment of Credential Guard, a feature of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016, which provides secure storage of operating system secrets. And see how Credential Guard mitigates “Pass the Hash” and lateral traversal attacks.
With more than 300,000 new malicious files created every day, the fight against malware using traditional techniques, like signature-based detection, can be extremely frustrating. See how Windows 10 Device Guard can fundamentally change the game for enterprise security.
Get a practical look at the Windows Event architecture, log structure, and what actions you should monitor to improve your organization’s security. Learn how to use the event data which has been collected, identify the best audit policy for your organization, and lots more.
Find out what you need to become a digital forensic professional, incident responder, and media exploitation expert, capable of piecing together Windows system events. See what it takes to investigate cybercrimes, like fraud, insider threats, industrial espionage, and more.
Interested in learning PowerShell? This Microsoft PowerShell course is designed to teach busy IT professionals, admins, and help desk personnel about how to use PowerShell to improve management capabilities, automate redundant tasks, and manage the environment in scale. Through this PowerShell tutorial, you will learn how PowerShell works and how to make PowerShell work for you from experts Jeffrey Snover, the inventor of PowerShell, and Jason Helmick, Senior Technologist at Concentrated Technology.
Get guidance on planning and implementing a security strategy to protect a hybrid of on-premises and cloud assets against advanced cybersecurity threats—one of the greatest challenges facing information security organizations today.
Microsoft Professional Program for Artificial Intelligence
The AI track takes aspiring AI engineers from a basic introduction of AI to mastery of the skills needed to build deep learning models for AI solutions that exhibit human-like behavior and intelligence.
MICROSOFT OFFICE 365
Find training and tutorials for Office 365 and Office apps, including Outlook, OneNote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business, and more.
Get started with Office 365 for business. Install, set up, and use Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and OneDrive for Business on your devices. Learn about Lync, Yammer, Delve, and more, and see how you can be more productive with Office 365.
Get more from Office 365 with these time-saving Microsoft
Use Word , video training
Sending, receiving, and organizing
Excel video training Workbooks and cells
Admin training for Microsoft Teams
Training resources to educate yourself about Teams, teach others or run workshops. The training modules are built to enable skills around Microsoft Teams for IT Pros at customers and partners.
Teams Academy for IT Pros (YouTube)
.NET Videos - Free videos for learning about the .NET developer platform and how to use it.
- What is C# ? - C# 101, in this video series, Kendra Havens and Scott Hanselman explore the concepts and syntax of the C# programming language with live coding demos.
- What is .NET ? - Core 101, discover the world of .NET Core with experts like Scott Hanselman and Kendra Havens from Microsoft. They walk through the ins and outs of .NET and how to build your first app.
- What is ASP.NET ? - ASP.NET Core 101, Leslie Richardson and Scott Hanselman demonstrate how to utilize ASP.NET to build and deploy web apps and services that run on Linux, macOS, and Windows.
- What is Docker , Why use it? - Introduction to Containers (Docker), why use containers? Docker is a way to package and distribute your applications with all its dependencies. Get started using Docker and learn how to publish your apps in this introductory video series!
- Intro to Visual Studio in 5 minutes, in this short video series, Visual Studio expert, Kendra Havens, gives a quick overview of Visual Studio, installation, and some great productivity tips.
VMware Customer Connect Learning is your single source for digital training from VMware. 24/7 access to training delivered by top VMware experts and Certified Instructors.
VMware currently offers free self-paced eLearning courses in the below languages, with more releasing soon.
Data Center Virtualization Infrastructure
- vSphere Integrated Container Fundamentals
- VMware vSphere: What's New Fundamentals [V6.0 to V6.5]
- Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) Overview
- Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals [V6]
- Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals 6.5
- VMware vSphere: What’s New Fundamentals [V6]
- VMware Site Recovery Manager [V6.1] Fundamentals
- VMware Integrated OpenStack Fundamentals
Desktop, Application Virtualization & Mobility
- VMware Workforce Mobility Fundamentals 
- VMware Horizon 7 Fundamentals
- VMware User Environment Manager Fundamentals [V9]
- Horizon (with View) Fundamentals [V6]
- VMware Horizon Cloud Fundamentals
- Horizon FLEX Fundamentals
- VMware App Volumes Fundamentals
- VMware ThinApp Fundamentals [V5.X]
- VMware Mirage Fundamentals [V5.X]
- vRealize Operations for Horizon Fundamentals
- VMware Workspace ONE Fundamentals
- VMware Airwatch Fundamentals
- VMware Identity Manager Fundamentals
- VMware Network Virtualization Fundamentals
- Introduction to Network Virtualization with NSX
- VMware Network Virtualization Fundamentals 2017
- VMware Network Virtualization Fundamentals 2016
Virtualization and Cloud Management Platform
- VMware Cloud Foundation Fundamentals
- VMware vRealize Network Insight Fundamentals
- VMware vRealize Business for Cloud Fundamentals
- VMware vCloud Director Fundamentals
- VMware vRealize Automation Fundamentals
- VMware Cloud Fundamentals
- VMware vRealize Operations For Horizon 6 Fundamentals
- vRealize Operations Manager What's New [V6.0] Fundamentals
- vRealize Orchestrator for vRealize Automation [V6.1] Fundamentals
- VMware vCenter Configuration Manager Fundamentals [V5.7]
- vRealize Log Insight [V3] Fundamentals
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager Fundamentals [V6.2]
- VMware Certified Professional 7 – Cloud Management and Automation Exam Prep (2V0-731) - new FREE preparation course !
- Software-Defined Storage Fundamentals
- VMware Virtual SAN Fundamentals [V6.2]
- VMware vSAN™ and HCI Fundamentals
Kubernetes Academy by VMware ^
Kubernetes Academy courses are composed of a series of bite-size video lessons developed by expert instructors.
- Containers 101: This course lays the groundwork for your Kubernetes journey. You’ll learn foundational knowledge on containers and how they work.
- Kubernetes 101: This course lays out the case for container orchestration and provides an overview of the concepts underlying Kubernetes, the leading container orchestration platform.
- Kubernetes in Depth: From Kubernetes architecture to quick dives into Kubernetes object types, the Kubernetes in Depth course covers the concepts that help you understand how Kubernetes works.
- Interacting with Kubernetes: Understanding how Kubernetes works is important, but equally important is understanding how to interact with Kubernetes. This course provides an overview of kubectl and ingress, two necessary components for interacting with Kubernetes.
- How to Prepare for the CKA Exam: The CKA and CKAD certifications are fast becoming the globally recognized IT certifications in the industry’s fastest growing technology—Kubernetes. This course will take you through a learning path of exam-focused preparation. It covers key resources and documents, the format of the exams, and how the exams are scored. The course also walks you through key command-line setups that can help both during the exams and throughout your wider Kubernetes journey.
Red Hat Enterprise ^
Learn practical techniques for using Red Hat Enterprise Linux and how to perform basic system administration tasks
The Fundamentals of Red Hat Enterprise Linux course - or RH066x - is designed to teach new Linux users practical techniques for using Red Hat Enterprise Linux and how to perform basic system administration tasks. No previous Linux administration experience is required. This course is essentially a prequel to the popular Red Hat System Administration I (RH124). This course is available via edX and is free to all users.What you'll learn In this course :
- Access the command line.
- Manage files from the command line.
- Create, view, and edit text files.
- Manage local Linux users and groups.
- Monitor and manage Linux processes.
- Install and update software.
Other resources available for free ^
Coursera : Coursera provides universal access to the world’s best education, partnering with top universities and organizations to offer courses online. There are available many Information Technology courses such as Google IT Support Professional, System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services, Fundamentals of Computer Network Security Specialization, Cisco Networking etc.
Courses are available for free, if you would like a verified certificate, you can do so for a fee. Here some example:
- Windows Server 2016: Infrastructure
An introduction to Windows Server, this self-paced course provides the basic knowledge required to install and administer the Windows Server 2016 server operating system. Through videos, discussions, hands-on labs, and assessments, you will put in place the appropriate installation and migration strategy, as well as set up the logical and physical components for your Windows Server environment.
- Enabling Teamwork with Microsoft Teams
In this course you will learn how to enable Microsoft Teams in Office 365. The course illustrates the value of Teams collaboration and includes tips and tricks for getting the most of out of Teams.
- Microsoft Azure Storage
Explore Azure Storage and how it makes possible the storing and processing of hundreds of terabytes of data required to support big data scenarios but can then scale down to meet the needs of a small business website.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
An introduction to cybersecurity, ideal for learners who are curious about the world of Internet security and who want to be literate in the field.
LabEx : LabEx is a website that offers free coding courses using a virtual Linux environment to assist you to practice code while learning. The courses are not limited to Linux, but also include JAVA, MySQL, Pythons, etc.
Learn iT! Training : This YouTube channel offers training courses in Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Powerpoint, Windows 10, SQL Server, PMP, Citrix, Business Writing, Microsoft Certification, Office 365, Microsoft Training.
Codecademy : Codecademy offers hundreds of classes in coding across 14 languages from introductory to intermediate skill levels.
Harvard Online Learning : One of the most famus university in the world. Available 600 courses online and most are in technical subjects.
Alison : Alison.com offers more than 2000 courses for free that range from 2 to 20 hours in length, although not all are in tech-related fields
Subscribe to 4sysops newsletter!
Katacoda : Interactive Learning and Training Platform for Software Engineers. Katacoda offers a range of more than 250 tool-based courses.