• don Pablo and Profile picture of Dave BrownDave Brown are now friends 1 month ago

  • What DISM commands are available in Vista/Server 2008?

    Can I use DISM to create an image and then use DISM to update that image with KB2819745?

  • Dave Brown posted a new activity comment 1 year, 2 months ago

    Our government client dictates the environment, among other constraints. That’s why my position comes with such interesting challenges. 🤣👍🏼

  • Hi guys, my name is Dave and I develop automated database and website installers for a large client. My automation scripts rely heavily on the PowerShell 4.0 ServerManager applets. Some my client's older applications that need to be updated reside in Windows Server 2008 environments.

    Is there any way to install WMF 4.0 on Server 2008, short of unpacking the Windows6.1-KB2819745-x64-MultiPkg.msu cab files, editing the .mum files and rebuilding the .msu package? And, sadly, "DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package" won't work on Server 2008. So, I'm sort of at my wits end.  With PowerShell 3.0, 80% of my installer can be automated but the remaining 20% might be too technical for human intervention.

    regards and thanks,

    Dave

  • Dave Brown posted an update in the group Group logo of PowerShellPowerShell 1 year, 2 months ago

    Not much is new in PowerShell, at least for my. My focus at work is developing automated installers using "old" PowerShell versions: 3.0 and 4.0 Our client's installation are slowly being updated from Windows Server 2008 and 2008R2 to Windows Server 2016.

  • Dave Brown became a registered member 1 year, 2 months ago

    avatar
© 4sysops 2006 - 2021

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account