Search GPO .xml file for drive node properties associated with group name?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jim Bendtsen
      Participant
      Member Points: 224

The company I’m working for has a GPO which maps drives for users who are members of certain groups to letters and paths. We’re converting these GPOs to a new system which dynamically maps users using a logon script which looks for users in groups with a standard naming convention and in a certain OU and maps them to the path in the group description field. The migration process sometimes has errors, and I’d like to write a script to double check the process used by another group. I saw a posting by Tobias Weltner which looked like it would be a good start:

What I’m trying to do is look in every

where the $GPO_report.gpo.user.extensiondata.extension.drivemapsettings.drive.filters.filtergroup.name -matches a group name entered in read-host or a gui menu.

Everything I’ve tried results in ALL of the paths, letters, or group names being returned, not just the ones associated with the group name entered.

Examples:

and

Below is an example of one drive node:

I’m trying to produce output like: Groupname   Driveletter   Path

for every drive letter and path for each group.

I’ll keep trying, but if someone has a solution or can point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it.

I know about select-xml, but have had less luck trying to use it.

David Figueroa
      Participant
      Member Points: 2,512

Is that the full output?  It seems really badly formed?

David F.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 4sysops 2006 - 2020

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account