Getting IPConfig from Get-NetIPConfiguration

This topic is resolved

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      PowerMe!
      Participant
      Member Points: 1,157

I am trying to output basic IP config data for different interfaces on a host by

It outputs the IP info not in the form I want – just IP addresses. My understanding is that it is outputting the relevant Objects as defined in the Select. I am missing a way to extract the strings from the above objects. Would appreciate an explanation on how to deal with it.

On closer look:

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by PowerMe!.
      Leos Marek
      Member Points: 6,405

You have to create your own property showing just the info you need, like this:

2+

Users who have liked this topic:

PowerMe!
      Participant

Thank you- that’s what I looking for- lost the reference to it! Would you mind explaining a bit more on that syntax? Is there a reference  can follow?

@{…} you define an indexed array

• I presume “l” is label
      • what’s “e” – I see that it has the property

I ended up doing a similar but somewhat elaborate way by defining a custom array as below.

This generates a bit of compact output but serves my purpose. But I liked your option as the output it much nicer. I will update my script, thanks again.

In any case, this is part of a script that I made to dump basic information from a computer to text file which is used for troubleshooting AD, networking and application errors.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by PowerMe!.
      1+
      Leos Marek
      Member Points: 6,405

As you say, l=label, e=expression. Its not about array. The @ is used to create the custom property, not related to array at all. You can basically put to expression whatever scriptblock you want.

Here you have great explanation – https://4sysops.com/archives/add-a-calculated-property-with-select-object-in-powershell/

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

PowerMe!
      Participant

Ah, thank you so much, got it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 4sysops 2006 - 2020

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account