Get-WUList command result different between local and Invoke-Command
- Thu, Sep 23 2021 at 4:21 am #1562939
Hello Powershell group members.
I try to launch a windows 8 update by using powershell.
But when I want to list the avaliable update by using Invoke-Command remoting command I have no result.
And when I do the same on local virtual computer, I have a big list :
My login is registered as an administrator on the Virtual Machine.
Could you tell me whitch setting I have to activate if I want to have the Get-WUList result with Invoke-COmmand ?
- Thu, Sep 23 2021 at 6:55 am #1562941
Did you try if other remote commands work? You can try dir to see if remoting works.0
- Fri, Sep 24 2021 at 1:24 am #1562952
Here is the result of the “dir” command on both side :
The result is the same.
- Fri, Sep 24 2021 at 1:41 am #1562954
Strange. Did you try to connect to the remote with Enter-PSsession and then try Get-WUList?0
- Fri, Sep 24 2021 at 6:16 am #1562955
Yes, here is the result :0
- Fri, Sep 24 2021 at 6:27 am #1562956
It seems the PSWindowsUpdate module is not loaded. Can you import it?0
- Fri, Sep 24 2021 at 7:29 am #1562968
I think the PSWindowsUpdate module is already installed :0
- Fri, Sep 24 2021 at 12:59 pm #1562969
I think the interesting question is not if it is installed, but it if it loaded into your remote session.0
- Mon, Sep 27 2021 at 3:05 am #1562970
I Michael. Thank you for your help.
I Execute the install-Module PSWindowsUpdate with -Verbose option on both machine. So I suppose the module is installed and loaded. I have also execute Get-WUList command with -Verbose and the result so weird :
It seems the command is lauched well but cannot have access to the availables updates. What do you think ?
- This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Bruno Bernardi.
- Mon, Sep 27 2021 at 5:26 am #1562972
Your screenshots are not really helpful because it all in French. I highly recommend to work only in English as an IT pro. This allows you to search for error messages and communicate with other IT pros on the net.
You can try to run get-module, to see if the module has been loaded in your remote session.
Perhaps the module does not work in remote sessions. I recommend contacting the developer.+1
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.