- Wed, Mar 31 2021 at 7:53 am #1560826Paolo MaffezzoliParticipantMember Points: 67,056Rank: 4
It is not an April fool, but today is the World Backup Day. This celebration, #WorldBackupDay, is an independent initiative born to raise awareness about backups and increase the role of data in our lives and the importance of regular backups.
Whatever backup options you choose at home or in your business , remember to follow the 3-2-1 rule of backups :
- Keep at least 3 copies of their data
- Maintain 2 local copies on different media
- Have at least 1 backup solution hosted off-site
So nothing new for IT admins but just a reminder…
- Wed, Mar 31 2021 at 8:05 am #1560828Michael PietroforteKeymasterMember Points: 33,029Rank: 4
I think nowadays it is also crucial to keep a backup offline. This offers maximum protection for ransomware attacks. This is particularly true for your data in the cloud. I heard of cases where cloud admins had a perfect backup strategy, but when their cloud account was hacked, all the backups were lost too because the attackers encrypted just everything.
- Wed, Mar 31 2021 at 11:15 pm #1560831Paolo MaffezzoliParticipantMember Points: 67,056Rank: 4
Yes, fully agree, maintain a complete offline backup allows to restore in a safe way any ransomware attack.
- Thu, Apr 1 2021 at 12:46 am #1560834Leos MarekModeratorMember Points: 23,212Rank: 4
The most crucial point is to validate the backups by restoring them 🙂 Nothing is worse than when you think you are safe with 20 backups you have, but when it comes to a problem, you fail to restore them.
Game over .)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.