This topic is resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michael Pietroforte 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
     Michael Pietroforte 
    Keymaster
    Member Points: 21,663
    Author of the year 2018

I am currently playing with WinSetupFromUSB, a free tool that allows you to create USB setup media for Windows and other operating systems.

Unfortunately, I am unable to boot from the USB stick created by WinSetupFromUSB on a PC with UEFI. The USB stick works on a PC with a common BIOS and the USB stick also works on the UEFI PC when I use Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool (WUDT).

Disabling Secure Boot and UEFI didn’t help. Thus I am unsure if UEFI is really the problem. WinSetupFromUSB is supposed to support UEFI.

Can anyone confirm that boot media created by WinSetupFromUSB work on a PC with UEFI?

1+
     Michael Pietroforte 
    Keymaster
    Member Points: 21,663
    Author of the year 2018

As suspected, it turned out that it was an issue with a particular USB stick. When I tried the tool with another flash drive, everything worked perfectly. It is just odd that the problematic USB stick worked on an older PC. Installing Windows setup with Rufus on this USB drive also no longer worked, even though there was no error message. Very strange!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 4sysops 2006 - 2019

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account