This topic is resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of Michael Pietroforte Michael Pietroforte 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile gravatar of Karim Buzdar Karim Buzdar 
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 46
    Member Points: 2,565

Hi,

I have a setup of one write-able DC server 2016, one Read-Only DC server 216 and one Windows 10 client in my test environment.

We know the replication in case of RODC is unidirectional that is from Write-able DC to Read-Only DC (and no replication from Read-Only DC to Write-able DC). When I am creating users on RODC, they are replicated to write-able DC and are visible in write-able DC AD users and computers console.

Can you please guide me why this is happening and which concept I am missing?

Thank you,

Karim

Profile gravatar of Karim Buzdar Karim Buzdar 
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 46
    Member Points: 2,565

Hi,

I have found out the solution so I am marking it as answer.

“This is because when you open an MMC  in RODC, you are actually connected to a write-able DC and you are making changes directly to write-able DC. Change the domain controller to an RODC from MMC and you won’t be able to make any changes”

/ Karim

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

Profile gravatar of Michael Pietroforte Michael Pietroforte 
      Keymaster
      • Topics: 136
      • Replies: 290
      Member Points: 5,136

Yes, this what I guessed. You should be able to see to which DC you are connected in ADUC.

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forum. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending
© 4sysops 2006 - 2017

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account