This topic is resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Pietroforte 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Alex 
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1
    Member Points: 94

Hi,

A couple of months ago, I had found a page on a Microsoft Team blog, where the techs/sysadmins were explaining what configuration they used on their own IIS web servers running the microsoft.com website behind the scene.

This article was dated several years ago. Infortunately, I have forgotten to bookmark it ! .. and cannot find it again.

Even if some of the information in this article was dated in some aspects, a large portion of it was very relevant to help me configure my own IIS web servers.

Shame on me for not having bookmarked it !

Would I have the chance that one of you can lead me to this blog entry again ? Maybe on archive.org ?

Many thanks 😉

2+
     Michael Pietroforte 
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 142
    • Replies: 345
    Member Points: 8,065

If you know the address of the blog, you can restrict your search in Google with the site option. Maybe something like that:

I guess you tried that already. If you can’t find the page anymore, maybe they removed it. I wouldn’t want to publish my web server configuration. Hackers love this kind of stuff.

But I feel with you. Happens all the time to me that I forget to bookmark a page and then I can’t just find it anymore. Heck, sometimes I can’t find it even more in my bookmarks.

2+
       Alex 
      Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      Member Points: 94

Hi Michael,

I finally got this article again !
      It was not on a microsoft blog, but on Technet. My fault, sorry.

In this article, the Microsoft Engineering Operations (MSCOM Ops) team share with us which configuration settings they use to tune application pools running the microsoft own servers.

I really thank their team for sharing with us the Microsoft.com Operations settings, that abviously must be adapted for each or our cases.

Here it is ! 🙂

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc745955.aspx

Hoping having saved the day of many other users in addition to mine 😉

3+

Users who have liked this topic:

Michael Pietroforte 
        Keymaster
        • Topics: 142
        • Replies: 345
        Member Points: 8,065

Glad you found it. If you mentioned that the article is about tuning application pools, it would have been easy to find. It is the first result on Google. 😉

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forum. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending
© 4sysops 2006 - 2018

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account