Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Paolo Maffezzoli
      Participant
      Member Points: 61,897
      4sysops member of the year 2018Member of the Year 2019Member of the Year 2020

For my daily admin activities I use the  RD TABS tool, it allows to connect with several servers via Remote Desktop with multi Tab support.  It is a great and helpful tool but the only thing that is is missing is the capability to connect using the VNC protocol.

Anyone knows a good VNC viewer tool with multi tab feature similar to the RD Tabs ?

Thanks!

Michael Pietroforte
      Keymaster
      Member Points: 31,739
      Author of the year 2018

Paolo, thanks for posting in the forum.

The best Remote Desktop Tool I know is Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager. Tim Warner reviewed the free version which also supports VNC. You can download the free version without registration.

Here is a comparison table between the free and the enterprise edition.

Paolo Maffezzoli
      Participant

Michael, thank you for your reply. I tried the Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager and it works really fine. It allows to create new connections using protocols  like VNC and also Putty, Dell iDrac and many others.

Michael Pietroforte
      Keymaster
      Member Points: 31,739
      Author of the year 2018

Glad you like it! Remote Desktop Manager is indeed a very sophisticated tool. It takes a while until you’ve mastered all its features.

Paolo Maffezzoli
      Participant

Just a quick feebak about the Remote Desktop Manager. This tool is really helpful and full of many interesting feature. Till last week I used the RDTabs to manage RDP sessions in a only one program. RD Manager tool has also a great functions and alsoallows to import configured sessions from different other programs like for example RD Tabs 🙂

Of course I imported all my configured sessions and after the migration I am able to have exactly the same enviroment as used in the past, but with the impovement to use other adavanced features such as Dell iDRac, VNC, Citrix etc.

Great tool!

Regards

Paolo

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 4sysops 2006 - 2021

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account