Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Paolo Maffezzoli
      Participant
      Member Points: 70,418
      4sysops member of the year 2018Member of the Year 2019Member of the Year 2020Member of the Year 2021

I need to automating the update of Windows Store apps. The Windows way is open Windows Store and select Update Apps. Of course this way is not really helpful for IT admins that have to update of 800+ desktops, also it cannot be performed silently without any user interactions.

What I really need is a script or PowerShell commands to force update and installation of all Windows Store apps installed in a client.

Any idea or suggestion?

Surender Kumar
      Participant
      Member Points: 4,295

If all your desktops are running Windows 10/11, you could use Windows Package Manager CLI (winget) like this:

winget upgrade --all --accept-source-agreements --accept-package-agreements

Surender Kumar
        Participant
        Member Points: 4,295

I forgot to mention that you can also include –silent (or -h) option with above command to suppress the UI during upgrade/install process of all apps.

Paolo Maffezzoli
          Participant
          4sysops member of the year 2018Member of the Year 2019Member of the Year 2020Member of the Year 2021

Thanks again for your suggestion, I have to take some time to study paramenters, because I did a quick test in my lab but it fails because is requested a MS Store source.

Paolo Maffezzoli
      Participant

Thanks, I will take a look and try.

Michael Pietroforte
      Keymaster
      Member Points: 35,813
      Author of the year 2018

Did Surrender’s solution work? I found this solution.

In my view, the Windows Store app are total mess. The biggest failure in Microsoft’s history. Even the Nokia deal was brilliant compared to Windows Store mess.

Paolo Maffezzoli
        Participant

I have already tried in the past, the main concern is the process start to update Ms Store apps but it doesn’t install anything.

So I agree about the Windows Store is a mess , but probably this solution is not a priority in Microsoft vision.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 4sysops 2006 - 2022

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account