- Tue, Aug 13 2019 at 6:46 am #1355599NickParticipantPost count: 7Member Points: 592Rank: Level 2
We are not able to patch Windows 2016 servers using WSUS. Could anyone please guide with any knowledge base ?
- Tue, Aug 13 2019 at 7:13 am #1355609
can you add more info about your request? You wrote about Windows 2016 servers, it means there are more than one server unable to detect, download and install updates ? Do you get an error on Windows 2016 server when you select Windows Update manually?0
- Tue, Aug 13 2019 at 8:21 am #1355610NickParticipantPost count: 7Member Points: 592Rank: Level 2
I am trying to register multiple Windows 2016 servers with WSUS. I am unable to register the Windows 2016 servers with WSUS and install patches with the help of WSUS.
- This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Nick.
- Mon, Jan 20 2020 at 2:40 am #1554605
Do you still have the same issue?0
- Tue, Aug 13 2019 at 9:54 am #1355614
The issue could be in some WSUS settings to check. Try to look into the following articles:
- WSUS basics and troubleshooting tips
- Selecting products in WSUS for Windows 10
- Install and Configure Windows Server 2016 WSUS
- Group Policy Settings for WSUS
You mentioned to register servers with WSUS, I suppose you are assigning servers to wsus using specific update group. A different approch to establish communication between WSUS Server and clients in a domain environment is deploy patches using Group Policy, in this case I suggest to read this step-by-step guide : Configure WSUS to deploy updates using Group Policy
Hope it helps.
- Tue, Aug 13 2019 at 10:08 am #1355618
- Tue, Aug 20 2019 at 7:57 am #1365527SenninhaParticipantPost count: 2Member Points: 20Rank: Level 1
I don’t know if you are in the same situation as me.
What I have noticed, is that for Windows 2016 to download authorized updates from the WSUS it is essential (it is not always possible that it works), that the Windows Firewall service is up, even if it is not operational.
It is important that the service is not stopped.0
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.