Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Senninha 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
     Nick 
    Participant
    Member Points: 592

Hi All,

We are not able to patch Windows 2016 servers using WSUS. Could anyone please guide with any knowledge base ?

Thanks.

Paolo Maffezzoli 
    Participant
    Member Points: 33,300
    4sysops member of the year 2018

Hi Mick,

can you add more info about your request? You wrote about Windows 2016 servers, it means there are more than one server unable to detect, download and install updates ? Do you get an error on Windows 2016 server when you select Windows Update manually?

Nick 
      Participant
      Member Points: 592

I am trying to register multiple Windows 2016 servers with WSUS. I am unable to register the Windows 2016 servers with WSUS and install patches with the help of WSUS.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Nick.
     Paolo Maffezzoli 
    Participant

The issue could be in some WSUS settings to check. Try to look into the following articles:

You mentioned to register servers with WSUS, I suppose you are assigning servers to wsus using specific update group. A different approch to establish communication between WSUS Server and clients in a domain environment is deploy patches using Group Policy, in this case I suggest to read this step-by-step guide : Configure WSUS to deploy updates using Group Policy

Hope it helps.

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

Paolo Maffezzoli 
    Participant

And about WSUS Computer Groups, there is this nice article: Configure computer groups in WSUS 2016

Senninha 
    Participant
    Member Points: 20

I don’t know if you are in the same situation as me.

What I have noticed, is that for Windows 2016 to download authorized updates from the WSUS it is essential (it is not always possible that it works), that the Windows Firewall service is up, even if it is not operational.

It is important that the service is not stopped.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 4sysops 2006 - 2019

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account