This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michael Pietroforte 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author
     Michael Pietroforte 
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 142
    • Replies: 345
    Member Points: 8,065

I created a new group for IT pros who are interested in PowerShell. Below is the current introduction from the group’s homepage that explains what the group is about. Please also have a look at my question at the end of this forum post.

This is the current group intro:

This PowerShell group allows you to follow all 4sysops activity related to PowerShell. You can regularly open the group’s activity page or subscribe to the PowerShell group’s RSS feed.

Group members can also subscribe via email. Possible email options are a weekly summary, a daily digest, or immediate notifications whenever something new happens in the PowerShell group.

In addition, group members can post in the PowerShell forum and publish news updates about PowerShell. The PowerShell news appear on the group’s activity page, the news page, on the homepage, the site-wide activity page, and on all article pages in the sidebar.

The group also features a wiki where we publish PowerShell guides.

If you want to become a member of the PowerShell group, click the Request-Membership link above. Make sure to update your profile, se we know about your professional background.

At the moment, I am uncertain what kind of content we should publish in the group. PowerShell has become an essential tool for almost all administration tasks in Microsoft’s IT world. The question is if we only publish content that is about the language elements or also texts that cover the applications of PowerShell. For instance, should we publish blog posts that explain how to manage Azure with PowerShell in the group? What is your opinion?

I am also thankful for any comments or ideas for new features.

5+

Users who have liked this topic:

Michael Pietroforte 
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 142
    • Replies: 345
    Member Points: 8,065

I removed the required to request group membership. Members can now join the group without waiting for confirmation. If someone wants to post in the PowerShell, it might take too long until the request is confirmed.

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forum. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending
© 4sysops 2006 - 2018

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account