- Fri, Jul 26 2019 at 5:53 am #1320958ManjuParticipantMember Points: 80Rank: 1
Currently my client is using Team Foundation Serve 2010 and SQL server 2008R2 on Windows 2008 R2. We are planning to migrate/upgrade to TFS 2018 with SQL2016 on different Server Windows Sever 2016 (nn premises). Please suggest me the right approach to achieve this. Thanks!
- Sat, Jul 27 2019 at 4:36 am #1323570
- Sat, Jul 27 2019 at 4:44 am #1323573
You will need to take an intermediatory step to upgrade to either TFS 2012 or TFS 2015 and then move on to TFS 2018.
Refer to upgrade to 2018 thread documentation. Surprisingly the TFS 2018 upgrade documentation is currently missing. However, you could refer to thread below for the steps.
- Sat, Jul 27 2019 at 4:45 am #1323574
And Lastly, check below blog for really good TFS upgrade/migration case studies:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.