This topic is resolved
Tagged: nano server; system requirements
- Mon, May 29 2017 at 12:58 pm #150685
- Wed, May 31 2017 at 4:35 am #153184Michael PietroforteKeymaster
Post count: 940Member Points: 5,960
- Topics: 136
- Replies: 309
According to this Microsoft page, the minimum RAM requirement is 512MB and for storage Microsoft wants 32GB. 32GB is quite a lot. 4sysops runs on a Linux box with 12GB and only 32% of the space is used.
However, what you really need very much depends on your application. I doubt that you can do a lot more than running a dir command every once in a while with 512MB.
- Wed, May 31 2017 at 7:26 am #153191Paolo MaffezzoliParticipant
Post count: 124Member Points: 6,915
- Topics: 13
- Replies: 38
Interesting that also Microsoft says that it could be a problem follows the minimum requirements.
If you create a virtual machine with the minimum supported hardware parameters (1 processor core and 512 MB RAM) and then attempt to install this release on the virtual machine, Setup will fail.
- This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Paolo Maffezzoli.
- Thu, Jun 1 2017 at 3:44 am #154438Karim BuzdarModerator
Post count: 167Member Points: 4,146
- Topics: 20
- Replies: 55
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.