This topic is resolved
Tagged: nano server; system requirements
- Mon, May 29 2017 at 12:58 pm #150685
- Wed, May 31 2017 at 4:35 am #153184Michael PietroforteKeymaster
Post count: 800Member Points: 3,268
- Topics: 135
- Replies: 273
According to this Microsoft page, the minimum RAM requirement is 512MB and for storage Microsoft wants 32GB. 32GB is quite a lot. 4sysops runs on a Linux box with 12GB and only 32% of the space is used.
However, what you really need very much depends on your application. I doubt that you can do a lot more than running a dir command every once in a while with 512MB.
- Wed, May 31 2017 at 7:26 am #153191Paolo MaffezzoliParticipant
Post count: 82Member Points: 2,485
- Topics: 10
- Replies: 25
Interesting that also Microsoft says that it could be a problem follows the minimum requirements.
If you create a virtual machine with the minimum supported hardware parameters (1 processor core and 512 MB RAM) and then attempt to install this release on the virtual machine, Setup will fail.
- This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Paolo Maffezzoli.
- Thu, Jun 1 2017 at 3:44 am #154438Karim BuzdarModerator
Post count: 95Member Points: 1,472
- Topics: 10
- Replies: 32
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.