- Sat, Nov 8 2014 at 8:02 am #20490Michael PietroforteKeymasterMember Points: 39,537Rank: 4
I wonder how I can enable the Administrative Tools feature in Windows 10 if the Start screen is disabled. This feature allows you to search Administrative Tools.
In Windows 8 you have to switch to the Start screen and then change the Tiles settings in the Charms menu. However, in Windows 10 if you are using the Start menu you can’t access the Tiles settings.
I can’t believe that I have first have to enable the Start screen if i want to enable the Administrative Tools. Or am I missing something here?
- Mon, Nov 17 2014 at 12:06 pm #20554Martin GoyerParticipantMember Points: 0Rank:
Not sure if this is what you mean;
I enabled the Administrative tools in the start menu by Customizing the Start Menu (Right Click in the Start Menu – Properties. Or Right click on the Taskbar – Properties. Then Start Menu – Customize) This enabled the menu as a folder in All Programs on the Start Menu.
To Pin it to the Start Menu, you can open the Control Panel, then go to System and Security – Right Click on the Administrative Tools and select Pin to Start.
- Wed, Nov 19 2014 at 7:41 pm #20574Michael PietroforteKeymasterMember Points: 39,537Rank: 4
Martin, thanks! This is what I was looking for.
- Wed, Jan 21 2015 at 3:46 am #21458Christopher OwensParticipantMember Points: 0Rank:
I couldn’t find it either, I ended up turning the start screen back on to turn that on and then turned the start screen back off.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.