Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Pietroforte
      Keymaster
      Member Points: 39,537
      Author of the year 2018

I wonder how I can enable the Administrative Tools feature in Windows 10 if the Start screen is disabled. This feature allows you to search Administrative Tools.

In Windows 8 you have to switch to the Start screen and then change the Tiles settings in the Charms menu. However, in Windows 10 if you are using the Start menu you can’t access the Tiles settings.
      Show administrative tools
      I can’t believe that I have first have to enable the Start screen if i want to enable the Administrative Tools. Or am I missing something here?

Martin Goyer
      Participant
      Member Points: 0

Not sure if this is what you mean;

I enabled the Administrative tools in the start menu by Customizing the Start Menu (Right Click in the Start Menu – Properties. Or Right click on the Taskbar – Properties. Then Start Menu – Customize)  This enabled the menu as a folder in All Programs on the Start Menu.

To Pin it to the Start Menu, you can open the Control Panel, then go to System and Security – Right Click on the Administrative Tools and select Pin to Start.

Michael Pietroforte
      Keymaster
      Member Points: 39,537
      Author of the year 2018

Martin, thanks! This is what I was looking for.

Christopher Owens
      Participant
      Member Points: 0

I couldn’t find it either, I ended up turning the start screen back on to turn that on and then turned the start screen back off.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 4sysops 2006 - 2023

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account