- Sun, Jul 31 2022 at 7:03 pm #1567022Vignesh MudliarParticipantMember Points: 5,908Rank: 3
We have several sites in sharepoint online. Permissions over these sites are provided by adding users to on premises AD security groups.
When owners of sites wish to provide a user with rights over the site they cannot edit the membership of the security group as all these groups have been created in AD and synced to M365 through AAD connect.
Hence, the plan is to move all such on premises security groups to M365. This would mean that owners of sites can make changed to site permissions on their own instead of creating a ticket.
Are there any efficient methods to move groups from AD to M365? And to also extract the permissions mapping of these groups with sites?
- This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Michael Pietroforte.
- Sun, Jul 31 2022 at 7:05 pm #1567023Vignesh MudliarParticipantMember Points: 5,908Rank: 3
I have checked powershell scripts to extract the permissions model; however it’s a bit tricky.
- Mon, Aug 1 2022 at 8:46 am #1567039
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.