Receive Connector Error in Exchange Online Hybrid Configuraion Wizard

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Darryl Baker, CISSP
      Participant
      • Topics: 5
      • Replies: 3
      Member Points: 382

I get the following error when running the Hybrid Configuration Wizard: Receive connector on the following Edge Transport servers needs to be manually configured: <Edge Server>
      Set-RecieveConnector -Identity <name of internet facing connector> -TlsDomainCapabilities mail.protection.outlook.com:AcceptOorgProtocol -Fqdn <fqdn>
      I ran this command on my Edge Transport server, but I still got the same error and no mail flow. I even manually created a new receive connector that listens on 0.0.0.0:25 and accepts all remote ip ranges, and still got the same error. My on-prem environment is Exchange 2016. I have 2 barracuda spam filters that receive mail first, then sends it to a virtual nodename that resolves to both of my Mailbox servers’ ip addresses. These two Mailbox servers are also my CAS servers and are in a Database Availability Group. I would like to configure my Edge Transport server (which is currently only being used for relays) to send and receive mail flow between my on-prem and Exchange Online environments. Im not really sure why its failing. Please help!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 4sysops 2006 - 2020

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account