Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Peter Line
      Participant
      Member Points: 321

Having an ongoing issue with a Windows Server 2012 R2 Terminal Server I’m hoping someone can help with as it’s starting to really tear my hair out.

I have 2 x Windows Server 2012 R2 Terminal Servers.  One is completely fine, whilst the other is having a lot of issues including printers, missing mapped drives and slow boot times, which seem to have come about since the Terminal Server crashed a month or two ago & had to be brought back with a ‘last known good configuration’ boot.

It has GPO deployed printers courtesy of a File & Print Server (also domain controller) where the printers are mapping to the terminal server, but appearing as disconnected or greyed out. If you hover over them they come up as status ‘not connected’ and if you try to add any additional printers, an error occurs (as attached).

A work around to resolve this issue temporarily appears to be renaming the registry key on the problematic terminal server: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers\Client Side Rendering Print Provider

However after around 1 day the issue then returns again where printers become greyed out or in a disconnected state.

I know GPO deployed printers in a terminal server environment is not an ideal method to use however I must note that the 2nd Terminal Server is operating fine with absolutely no issues.

I’ve googled the attached error relentlessly and found that there is not a lot of useful info that matches to a fix.

If anyone has encountered the issues reported before, particularly with printers, please let me know as I would be ever so grateful.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 4sysops 2006 - 2022

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account