This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michael Pietroforte 1 month ago.

• Author
     Michael Pietroforte 
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 138
    • Replies: 337
    Member Points: 7,244

I now added the new news system. From now on only news that received at least one like will appear on the homepage. All news updates appear on the news page and on the site-wide activity page.

At the moment, my own updates automatically appear on the homepage even if they haven’t been liked. The reason is that I don’t want to like my own news posts. Once more people participate, I will remove this configuration.

Please don’t like your own news updates. This would make this new feature useless.

I also changed the member points settings. You can now get 10 points if someone likes your content (before 3 points). I hope this will encourage members to post updates of better quality. Note that you can only get points if a member likes your content. If a guest (not logged in) likes content, no points are assigned to the content owner.

I will now be a little less restrictive with news updates. In particular, I won’t delete links to how-to posts. However, links to how-to posts have little chance to appear on the homepage and you usually won’t get like points. For the time-being, I will keep the setting that deducts 10 points if I have to delete an update.

In general, I suggest to only link to news and content that you really like and that you would also post on your social media channels. I also think that direct links to the news sources are better than links to a news site. Only if a news site has some valuable additional information that can’t be found on the original source, I would link to the news site.

You also have a better chance to get a like, if you share your opinion about the news. You can add text in the form field field above the link field before you post the news.

I am not 100% happy with the new system. However, let’s give it a try and see how it works. Please let me know what you think and if you have suggestions.

4+

Users who have liked this topic:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forum. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending
© 4sysops 2006 - 2017

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account