Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Miguel Gonzalez
      Participant
      Member Points: 645

I am building a laptop lab with nested Hyper-V.  I have Windows 10 on my laptop and I am using Hyper-V 2016 Core free for the nested Hyper-V.

I have a DC and two guest Hyper-V servers which will be a cluster. I have installed a VM on one of the Hyper-V guests and of course I can’t ping to the DC from this machine.

I have enabled MAC spoofing and created an internal switch. DC and Hyper-V guests have internet access through the internal switch and can ping each other.

I have googled around and I can’t find any tutorial that explains this part. I want to keep it as simple as I can.

Leos Marek
      Member Points: 23,212
      Author of Year 2020Author of the Year 2021

If you have a VM on a Hyper-V server and it is supposed to communicate to a DC which is above the Hyper-V server, you need External switch, not internal. Internal switch allows only communication of the VMs inside the host. Your DC is not there, its one level up.

Leos Marek
      Member Points: 23,212
      Author of Year 2020Author of the Year 2021

Hello Miguel,

did you success with the networking or can I help any further?

Cheers

Miguel Gonzalez
      Participant
      Member Points: 645

yes! It  worked like a charm! It made totally sense…I don´t know why I didn´t figure it out 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© 4sysops 2006 - 2022

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account