- Thu, Aug 4 2022 at 3:18 am #1567093avtoParticipantMember Points: 122Rank: 2
Warehouse servers rack that our company owns is very dusty. Can you advice any solution to protect it from dust getting inside ?
PS. At this moment we can not replace rack into another clean location or separate rack with walls.
- Thu, Aug 4 2022 at 6:31 am #1567095Michael PietroforteKeymasterMember Points: 35,853Rank: 4
What about a server cabinet?
- Mon, Aug 8 2022 at 10:20 pm #1567115Surender KumarParticipantMember Points: 4,305Rank: 3
Since you mentioned Warehouse, the sources of dust could be numerous and unavoidable. As suggested my Michael, you could get dust-proof cabinets. In addition, it is a good idea to clean the server rack maybe once or twice a month. You could use ESD-safe vacuum instead of regular vacuum cleaner for sucking the rack dust.
- Fri, Aug 12 2022 at 10:56 am #1567172Job CackaParticipantMember Points: 273Rank: 2
We have several server rack cabinets in our warehouse environment and manufacturing environment. The conditions are far from ideal when it comes to dust infiltration. We have adopted a maintenance schedule where we use facility compressed air to blow out the dust monthly. We initially tried vacuuming the cabinets but found it took to long and maintaining the vacuum was a nightmare due to the quantity of dust.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.