Tagged: Login Unknown password Win 10
- Mon, Mar 23 2020 at 10:55 am #1555499
Running on Office 365. Prompt only shows former employee name and no option to take over by Admin…0
- Mon, Mar 23 2020 at 1:52 pm #1555501
it is not clear the question but I suppose that you don’t have local credential to access to this computer.
In this case you have to take control of this computer so you have to reset the local administrator password. I suggest to read the Michael’s article : Reset a Windows 10 password
In this article there are many different ways to force a password reset.
Hope it helps.
- This reply was modified 5 days, 15 hours ago by Paolo Maffezzoli.
- Mon, Mar 23 2020 at 2:54 pm #1555503
Thank you Paolo, and sorry if I was not clear enough. When booting the PC, the prompt expect the password of the employee. After Shift-booting, I am able to access a Troubleshoot option, that displays a choice of “Reset this PC”, “Factory Image restore” or “Advanced Options”. “Reset this PC” does allow to either “Keep my files” or “Remove everything”.
I am not seeing where an Admin can take over. What am I missing? Thank you for your time on this.0
- Tue, Mar 24 2020 at 1:24 am #1555504
- Tue, Mar 24 2020 at 1:27 am #1555505
Here the info to reset Windows password using NT Password Edit included in the Hiren’s BootCD: https://www.hirensbootcd.org/howtos/
Boot your computer with Hiren’s BootCD PE.
Goto Start Menu -> Securiy -> Passwords -> NT Password Edit
Open your SAM file (It is usually located in C:\Windows\System32\config\SAM).
Click your username and the click ‘Change password’. To set a password, type your password both ‘New password’ and ‘Verify’ fields and then click to ‘OK’. To remove the password, leave both ‘New password’ and ‘Verify’ fields blank and then click to ‘OK’.0
- Tue, Mar 24 2020 at 6:44 pm #1555508
- Wed, Mar 25 2020 at 3:53 am #1555509
ok, hope it helps to solve your problem. Paolo0
- Thu, Mar 26 2020 at 8:26 am #1555525
- Wed, Mar 25 2020 at 6:04 am #1555510Leos MarekModeratorPost count: 167Member Points: 8,544Rank: Level 3
if you use this post already shared by Paolo – https://4sysops.com/archives/reset-a-windows-10-password/ you can simply reset the password to whatever you want.
It is not working for you?0
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.