This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paolo Maffezzoli 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
     Paolo Maffezzoli 
    Participant
    • Topics: 13
    • Replies: 35
    Member Points: 5,571

Sometime happens that are added in the news sections, articles or links already posted. I realized the it is hard to check if a news is already in the site when there are dozens of news. It happened quite often to many people, just for example “Create and play this holiday with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update coming Oct. 17 – Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog” was initally pubblished 1 days ago and duplicated just 1 hour ago.
    A possible solution could be establish a limit of posted links in IT section and focus the attention only to few arguments. Another proposal is create a Tag and use a filter in order to have a check before post a news.
    Other ideas ?

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

Luc Fullenwarth 
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 23
    Member Points: 5,624

No need for a tag.
    In the Site-Wide Activity section (where you publish your links) just select Show Updates.
    Only News will then appear 🙂

Show News

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

Michael Pietroforte 
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 136
    • Replies: 302
    Member Points: 5,674

I added a new search feature on the weekend that allows you to find news. The Site-Wide Activity page has a new search box. After you click the search icon, you have to click “Activity.” This should help to find out if someone else already posted this news story.

Search for news

I am also planning to only post news on the homepage hat have been liked. That way, we can be less restrictive of what each member posts. The idea is to do something similar as on reddit. They also have many duplicate news posts. However, I need to code a little for this and I have to find some time first.

Luc Fullenwarth 

Great job!
      Thanks Mickael!

Paolo Maffezzoli 
    Participant

Thanks Michael ! This search feature works fine. It allows to see if something is already in the news section or if there are news duplicated.

News duplicated

Instead Show Updates in the Site-Wide Activity section filter only news only for a specific user.

Luc Fullenwarth 

The Show Updates in the Site-Wide Activity section works fine for me.
      It shows me all news from everybody.
      You may have a bug…

If you want to see only news from a specific user you can do that from his profile.
      There is the same drop-down list.

Paolo Maffezzoli 
    Participant

ok, now it is more clear. I see all news posted in news section.  Thanks Luc for you help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forum. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending
© 4sysops 2006 - 2017

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account