Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Pietroforte 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
     IT Engineer 
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0
    Member Points: 56

Hi People,

My predecessor has configured group policy forcing all of my corporate users in one site office (approximately 900+ people) staff to use online mode for Exchange 2013 as opposed to cached exchange mode.

The Outlook installed version is ranging from 2010 up to 2016.

Due to that Group policy above, it has caused multiple request to the IT support team frequently to have to configure the users email accounts down to the level of adding proxy server and “msstd:server.domain.com” details manually.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2754898/outlook-exchange-proxy-settings-dialog-box-always-displays-the-interna

When I disable the policy hoping to set it back to Cached mode by default, I found out the workstations UNABLE to switch back to cached exchange mode, and errors occurred when the OST files were being created.

So can anyone here please assist me how to fix this issue to set back the Outlook users to be on Cached mode without visiting more than 100+ workstations daily ?

Do I have to enable each user as their local administrator on their own desktop or delete the profile manually one by one which cannot be configured through GPO ?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

Michael Pietroforte 
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 136
    • Replies: 302
    Member Points: 5,674

Thanks for posting! What error message does Outlook produce?

I assume you mean the policy Use Cached Exchange Mode for new and existing Outlook profile? I wonder why you disabled the policy if you want to work with Cached Exchange Mode?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forum. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending
© 4sysops 2006 - 2017

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account