This topic is resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Vrountzos 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     John Vrountzos 
    Participant
    Member Points: 97

Is there a downfall to using Replace instead of Update when drive mapping via GPO, I currently have a mix of Update and Replace using item level targeting with success, but on some computers the users are getting the drive maps with red”s X’s, which appeared after I introduced the item level targeting to the drive mappings using Replace, so I’m wondering if I need to change the Replace to Update as the extra step as part of the Replace function of deleting the mapping and then re-mapping it, is causing some lagging.

Luc Fullenwarth 
    Member Points: 15,996

Here is a more comprehensive and more technical explanation about what each action does.
    Maybe this can help you to decide if you really need the Replace action or if Update is enough…

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-r2-and-2012/dn581924(v%3Dws.11)#attributes-2

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

John Vrountzos 
      Participant
      Member Points: 97

Thank you Luc, this is the level that I was looking for, looks like update is the way to go.

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 4sysops 2006 - 2019

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account