Tagged: #certificates #sysadmin
- Thu, Jan 10 2019 at 6:44 am #950894AnatoliyParticipantMember Points: 188Rank: 2
I have been working on distributed Public Key Infrastructure protocol and dApps based on it and now studying tools to manage lifecycle of digital certificates. I found out there are lots of them and it is hard to say which is best. So what features should I pay attention for when choosing CLM system?
- Thu, Jan 10 2019 at 3:22 pm #953058Ruben ZimmermannModeratorMember Points: 2,181Rank: 3
From my perspective:
– Discoverability ( unless you plan to add them one by one manually )
– Supported protocols and sources ( MS PKI, SCEP, Windows Linux and other Cert Stores )
– Reporting and Alerting mechanism
– Usability ( I do not like tools that still only offer MMCs )
– Accessible and best standardized API
– Cloud / OnPrem ( certificates contain crucial security information, decide what fits better for your orga )
– Support Models ( there are companies which don’t corporate with global IT organizations )
After comparing all those aspects my favorite is ManageEngines software.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.