- Thu, May 13 2021 at 1:39 pm #1561287
I am currently testing a dark theme for logged-in users. If use a dark theme on your computer, the dark theme will be enabled after you log in. You can change themes through the switch on the left bottom. Please note that this only a test. I am unsure if we can keep this feature.
I also changed the design of the light theme a little.
Please let me know what you think.
- Fri, May 14 2021 at 6:12 am #1561288
Interesting test and nice theme, I think is a good improvement, it is also more actractive with round windows boxes.
I like the switch to activate/disactivate dark theme. About online active members, in my opinion it is better replace current white icon with a something else for users without a picture profile.
- Fri, May 14 2021 at 7:21 am #1561289
Paolo, thanks! There are still a few issues with the colors. I have to see first if this isn’t too time consuming. With every update there are CSS changes and that might cause incompatibilities with the dark theme.
There also is a problem with the plugin. If you load a new page, you always see the white theme for a fraction of a second. I posted in their forum. Let’s if they will fix this.
- Fri, May 14 2021 at 7:30 am #1561290
Not a big issue, there is also the filter is not really readable (grey on white background) :
- Fri, May 14 2021 at 7:31 am #1561291
- Sat, May 15 2021 at 3:17 am #1561311
Another cosmetic problem … the link is pretty dark to read it
- Sat, May 15 2021 at 4:59 am #1561312
- Sun, May 16 2021 at 12:59 am #1561313
Maybe it is not related to this theme refresh, but monthly stats are not updated.
- Sun, May 16 2021 at 1:05 am #1561314
Here another little adjustment to do about social icons.
- Sun, May 16 2021 at 6:42 am #1561315
- Mon, May 17 2021 at 8:51 am #1561316
- Wed, May 26 2021 at 7:42 am #1561445
looks good. The thing with the color change is a bit weird for now…
Also – the comment box that Im using now is still white. Its a bit shiny when everything else is dark 🙂
- Wed, May 26 2021 at 7:47 am #1561446
Also, the icons of author and member of the year – the blue bold text looks strange in dark theme 🙂
But I guess this is something hard to solve.
- Wed, May 26 2021 at 8:25 am #1561449
The developers did not react to my forum post about the color change. This means that they aware of the issue but don’t really care. When I have more time I will look for another plugin. In any case, I can only offer limited support for minor color incompatibles. With any update new incompatibles can come up and it would be too time consuming to always fix these issues. There are currently only very few members who use the dark theme.
- Sun, May 30 2021 at 10:58 pm #1561467
seems the member monthly board was not updated for several days now.
- Tue, Jun 22 2021 at 12:25 am #1561730
there are some feature not working after dark theme removal. For example, add a News or filter on site-wide page.
But I think you are still working on template refresh…
- Tue, Jun 22 2021 at 1:27 am #1561731
We had some major issues and I had to disable a few plugins for troubleshooting. However, it seems the issue was caused by AWS because the problem also occurred in older backup instances. Everything appears to back to normal. Let me know if some features are still not working.
- Tue, Jun 22 2021 at 1:58 am #1561732
ok, thanks for your update.. Now it is running fine and In don’t see any other issues.
- Tue, Jun 22 2021 at 4:25 am #1561733
Now the dark theme is not enabled changing page. This setting is lost also if forcing a refresh or changing browser.
- Tue, Jun 22 2021 at 5:11 am #1561734
I can’t replicate this. Did you try to clear the browser cache?
- Tue, Jun 22 2021 at 5:40 am #1561735
Yes, cache already cleaned.. I have the same behaviour with different browsers Edge, Chrome and Firefox.
- Tue, Jun 22 2021 at 6:11 am #1561736
- Tue, Jun 22 2021 at 7:19 am #1561738
Yes, switch button is shown and I can switch to the dark theme only in the current page.
Remaining in the same page the dark theme is correct but when I move to another page the theme return to normal theme. Of course I can switch again to dark theme but this behavier is the same for every page.
- Tue, Jun 22 2021 at 7:22 am #1561739
That’s strange. I can’t replicate this. I tried several browsers. Maybe you are blocking cookies?
- Tue, Jun 22 2021 at 10:29 am #1561761
Just tried to another devices, I don’t see this issue on iPad , instead another PC has the same behaviour also with adblocker disabled.
- Tue, Jun 22 2021 at 11:06 am #1561762
- Thu, Jul 8 2021 at 4:39 am #1561952
just few thoughts about the dark theme. In my opinion when activated is more relaxing and readable. It is a nice way to browse the site, it helps to concentrate to the site content. What is you opinion about the dark theme feature? Based on your tests, do you plan to keep it?
- Thu, Jul 8 2021 at 12:42 pm #1561955
For now we can keep it. I don’t like that the page turns white when you open a new page. It is a problem of the plugin. But the other plugins I tried have other problems.
- Fri, Jul 9 2021 at 2:31 am #1561956
- Mon, Jul 26 2021 at 4:29 am #1562164
The template has been updated?
- Mon, Jul 26 2021 at 6:41 am #1562165
I made some changes. Something not working?
- Mon, Jul 26 2021 at 8:00 am #1562166
It is ok, it is only missing the Related Articles box at the end of blog articles. Did you plan to permanently remove it?
- Mon, Jul 26 2021 at 8:07 am #1562167
It caused some issues with Google’s Core Web Vitals. I might add it again later. But Google has to crawl the entire site first.
- Mon, Jul 26 2021 at 11:55 pm #1562197
- Sat, Jul 31 2021 at 8:47 am #1562250
I am sorry, I had to disable the dark mode plugin now because it totally crashed the site twice.
- Sun, Aug 1 2021 at 1:25 pm #1562251
There is something still not working. I can access only on my mobile browser.
- Mon, Aug 2 2021 at 1:12 am #1562252
- Mon, Aug 2 2021 at 1:18 am #1562253
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.