Tagged: Exchange OWA lockouts
- Mon, May 18 2020 at 7:59 am #1556206Bill DediParticipantMember Points: 154Rank: 2
We are having issues with our C-Levels where people are constantly trying to login via Outlook Web Access. I’ve disabled access for the users but they continue to get locked out. After doing some testing, if OWA is disabled for an account, if the right password is entered the page says ‘denied access’. But if I put in the wrong password multiple times, five for our environment, the account locks out.
I’ve been beating my head on this for over two weeks. No amount of ‘google’ helps. Any suggestions?
- Mon, May 18 2020 at 8:06 am #1556207Joseph MoodyModeratorMember Points: 1,918Rank: 3
What is your Azure Sign-in risk policy set to? It sounds like it is set to block user when MFA is not available.
- Mon, May 18 2020 at 8:11 am #1556208Bill DediParticipantMember Points: 154Rank: 2
We haven’t transitioned to strictly Azure logins. Currently mixed. I know if they use office.microsoft.com or whatever it is, they lock the account there and it doesn’t lock the AD account. Sadly management isn’t ready to push that change out.
- Tue, Sep 1 2020 at 11:24 pm #1557686ElalameinParticipantMember Points: 100Rank: 2
I think that you need a SIEM to resolve your problem…
You need to block the IP before it can lockouts the user, perhaps by inserting a firewalling rule.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.