This topic is resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Pietroforte 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author
     Kelvin Galabuzi 
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0
    Member Points: 67

Hi,this something i have wanted to ask on the forum over the past days.Is there a way in windows server 2012r2 that can enable users to change their passwords themselves ”after” they have expired without contacting the administrator to reset for them. (Not the users change the password on next login setting.)

Thinking of trying to use manageengine’s ad selfservice password reset tool,but maybe anyone could enlighten me on a better way.A powershell equivalent is also welcome.
    Thanks

Michael Pietroforte 
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 136
    • Replies: 306
    Member Points: 5,827

If a password is expired, the user will be asked to change the password when he or she logs on the next time. No admin is required for this.

Self-service password solutions are for those situations when the user forgot the password. You can probably build your own self-service password solution with PowerShell or any other programming language. However, I don’t recommend it. It is cheaper and more reliable if you buy applications instead of building them yourself. You only have to build applications in-house if the standard solutions don’t work well for your environment.

2+

Users who have liked this topic:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forum. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending
© 4sysops 2006 - 2017

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account