- Thu, Mar 11 2021 at 6:25 am #1560543
Today I got an email that I got permanently banned from Youtube for violating community rules. I have never posted any video on Youtube and I have made like 10 comments there in my life, none of them were rude, sexist or anything else. So at this moment, I just got general email from Google, no exact reason and Im waiting for their support to review the thing… Due to that, I cant access my Youtube Premium services that I pay for…
Did such thing happen to anyone here?
- Thu, Mar 11 2021 at 10:54 pm #1560545
- Fri, Mar 12 2021 at 12:50 am #1560546Paolo MaffezzoliParticipantMember Points: 75,583Rank: 4
Hi Leos, really a bad news … I have never had a similar experience but I must say that YouTube is very unpredictable as a service.
I can tell you that sometimes for music activities I publish music videos and randomly they are reported for various rights issues even if this is not not at all true for example WA Mozart. 🙂
- Sun, Mar 14 2021 at 12:01 pm #1560569
Yeah well thats interesting.
- Fri, Mar 12 2021 at 1:13 am #1560547Michael PietroforteKeymasterMember Points: 38,635Rank: 4
Google is doing everything with algorithms and so-called “AI.” Thus, it is very likely that the decision was made by a machine. It is not unusual that false positives are obviously nonsense. The reason is that machines can only mimic intelligent behavior. They don’t have intelligence on their own, that is to say, they have no understanding whatsoever. So my guess is that a Google bot “misunderstood” one of your comments.
- Sun, Mar 14 2021 at 12:03 pm #1560570
Clear it was by bot, but Im a bit surprised that you get immediate ban, no warning no nothing. And I pay for Youtube premium… So you get banned from paid service with no warning by a robot? Blah…
- Wed, Mar 31 2021 at 3:37 am #1560809MartinSParticipantMember Points: 171Rank: 2
Same thing happened to me.
- Fri, May 27 2022 at 4:21 am #1566100okolosovParticipantMember Points: 409Rank: 2
I didn’t know that YouTube can block an account for comments. I’ll be more careful now.)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.