This topic is resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Paolo Maffezzoli 4 days, 19 hours ago.

• Author
     Teja 
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1
    Member Points: 77

Hi all,

Today my friend asked me that, how can i reset the administrator password without reinstalling OS in server 2012 R2. can you guys help me in this scenario.

Note: there is no other User with administrator privileges.

Luc Fullenwarth 
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 24
    Member Points: 6,311

Hi Teja,

Michael wrote a very good post about this topic:

https://4sysops.com/archives/three-ways-to-reset-a-windows-vista-admin-password/

1+
     Michael Pietroforte 
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 136
    • Replies: 306
    Member Points: 5,827

This post is specifically about Windows Server 2012 R12. If the server is a domain controller you can reset the domain administrator password and if not, you reset the local admin password.

Teja 
      Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      Member Points: 77

Hello Michael,

In your post i can find the solution for windows 8, 8.1, and 7 but what about server 2012 R2. and it is Domain controller. please suggest me an solution.

thank you.

Michael Pietroforte 
        Keymaster
        • Topics: 136
        • Replies: 306
        Member Points: 5,827

The solution is essentially the same for all Windows editions. It also doesn’t really matter if the machine is a domain controller or not. If the server is domain controller, you can reset the domain admin password. If the machine is a domain member or a standalone machine, you reset the local administrator password.

Paolo Maffezzoli 
        Participant
        • Topics: 13
        • Replies: 36
        Member Points: 6,534

As suggested in Michael’s blog (Forgot the domain admin password?) , the user password can be changed using the Utilman.exe. Other info are also available at this link : Resetting Administrator Password in Windows 2012

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forum. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending
© 4sysops 2006 - 2017

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account