This topic is resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leos Marek 5 months ago.

• Author
     tmack 
    Participant
    Member Points: 345

Hi Guys,

I accidently changed the location of the Windows 10 Pictures folder to E:\ thinking it would create a Pictures folder on E:\ but alas, it mapped directly to the root of the E:\ and now my pictures are saved in the root of E:\ and not a subfolder named Pictures. Does anyone know how I can change it so Pictures folder maps to a folder on E:\? There is no option to change the location from the root of the drive.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Michael Pietroforte. Reason: Moved to IT Administration Forum
     Leos Marek 
    Member Points: 4,017

Hello,

you can simply type the location with full path or use the Move button and browse to the target folder as per your wish.

tmack 
    Participant

That’s the properties of the folder. My issue is the Pictures folder is mapped to the root of a drive.

Thanks

Leos Marek 

There Pictures library is just a link to whatever folder you want and on the screen you can see its properties. Open File Explorer, right-click Pictures, go to Properties and then Location. From here you can change it back where you want.

Im wondering how did you change the location in first place that you have troubles to put it back? Please share some screens if the above do not help.

tmack 
    Participant

I ended up removing the E: drive from the OS via “Disk Manager”. The “Pictures” folder defaulted back to C:\Users\UserID\Pictures. I then added E: back and all was fine.

2+

Users who have liked this topic:

Leos Marek 

Glad to see it worked for you somehow. Im still curious what would block you to change the setting back via standard GUI. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 4sysops 2006 - 2019

CONTACT US

Please ask IT administration questions in the forums. Any other messages are welcome.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account