- FREE: File Permissions Check – Compare folder and file permissions - Fri, Feb 20 2015
- FREE: ABC-Deploy – Software deployment and inventory - Wed, Apr 16 2014
- FREE: AD Permissions Reporter – View Active Directory permissions - Fri, Feb 7 2014
Submitted by Robert Morris
Universal Viewer is a free file viewer that allows you to view many file types without having to have the application installed. A portable version is also available, so Universal Viewer can be part of your USB toolkit.
From the publisher:
Implemented view modes and corresponding file formats are:
- Text, Binary, Hex, Unicode: any files, of unlimited size (even 4Gb+ sizes are allowed)
- RTF, UTF-8: RTF and UTF-8 encoded texts
- Image: all general graphics formats: BMP JPG GIF PNG TGA TIFF... plus all formats supported byIrfanView/XnView external viewers
- Multimedia: all formats supported by MS Windows Media Player: AVI MPG WMV MP3...
- Internet: all formats supported by MS Internet Explorer: HTML PDF XML MHT...
- Plugins: all formats supported by Total Commander Lister plugins
- MS Office: all file types of MS Office (if installed): DOC DOCX XLS PPT...
- Converters: some types can be viewed as plain text: DOC DOCX PDF PPT ODT...
Application is fully Unicode-compatible and can be integrated into Windows Explorer's context menu, so there is no problem to call it from anywhere in Explorer: right-click a file and select the "Universal Viewer" item. It can also be integrated into other popular file managers.