- Pip install Boto3 - Thu, Mar 24 2022
- Install Boto3 (AWS SDK for Python) in Visual Studio Code (VS Code) on Windows - Wed, Feb 23 2022
- Automatically mount an NVMe EBS volume in an EC2 Linux instance using fstab - Mon, Feb 21 2022
- Office 2010 activation – How to rearm Office 2010
- Forgot the administrator password? The Sticky Keys trick
- Create a bootable Windows PE 3.0 USB drive with rescue tools
- FREE: NTPWEdit – Reset Windows password
- Offline enable the built-in administrator account in Windows 7 and Vista
- Microsoft’s free Windows 7 deployment tools – Part 3: Installation
- Regedit as offline registry editor
- Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool (WUDT) is unable to copy files
- Office 2010 64-bit or 32-bit? Part 2: Advantages and disadvantages
Another good year has passed for 4sysops. Traffic has increased by about 60 percent (now about 350,000 page views) per month, with about 5,200 RSS subscribers and 1,700 Twitter followers. I want to thank all 4sysops readers for their loyalty and all 4syops sponsors for their continuous support. Blogging for 4sysops has been a lot of fun. I also want to thank all other bloggers who have been writing for 4sysops and those readers who submitted free admin tools.
In this post I listed the most popular articles that have been written in 2010. There a few older articles that still get more traffic, like the all-time high post about different methods of how to reset a Windows password. I didn't include those in the list.
Office 2010 activation is a new topic that many users and admins face. This article explains how you can activate Office 2010 and rearm Office 2010.
If you forgot the administrator password you can easily reset the password on Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP with the Sticky Keys trick. It works always.
Learn how to create a bootable Windows PE 3.0 USB drive. First you create the bootable USB stick, then you copy the WinPE 3.0 files to the drive.
If you boot from a Windows PE stick or DVD you can use the free tool NTPWEdit to access the Windows SAM database to reset the Windows 7 password.
In this article you will learn how to enable the built-in administrator offline account on Windows 7 and Vista by editing the SAM registry.
Microsoft's free Windows 7 deployment tools from the WAIK (partly) are essential for every Windows admin: Windows Deployment Services (WDS), Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), User State Migration Tool (USMT), Windows Easy Transfer, Key Management Service (KMS), Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT) and Windows 7 Security Compliance Management Toolkit.
In this article you will learn how to use Windows tool regedit as an offline registry editor. All you need is a second Windows installation or a Windows PE boot stick.
This post explains why the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool (WUDT) is unable to copy the install files to the USB drive in some cases. The tool allows you to create a copy of your Windows 7 ISO file on a USB flash drive.
Subscribe to 4sysops newsletter!
This second part of the Office 2010 32-bit vs. 64-bit article addresses the advantages and disadvantages of Office 2010 64-bit.
Happy New Year!