- FREE: File Permissions Check – Compare folder and file permissions - Fri, Feb 20 2015
- FREE: ABC-Deploy – Software deployment and inventory - Wed, Apr 16 2014
- FREE: AD Permissions Reporter – View Active Directory permissions - Fri, Feb 7 2014
Submitted by David Homer
CENTREL Solutions raffles off an Enterprise license of their centralized network documentation and audit software - XIA Configuration Server, to 4sysops readers. The winner will receive an enterprise license worth $1,000 USD. The deadline of this contest is August 11, 2011. If you want to take part in this raffle, please send an email with the subject “XIA Configuration” to .
XIA Configuration Server – Network documentation and audit software
Centralized network documentation with XIA Configuration
XIA Configuration is an enterprise level server product that allows you to document, track changes and audit the configuration of a range of network systems.
- Windows Servers and Workstations
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft DNS
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- SQL Servers and Databases
- Microsoft Clusters
- VMware ESX hosts, virtual machines and vCenter servers
- Microsoft IIS Web Sites, Application Pools
- WINS Services
You can use XIA Configuration’s built in reports or you have the flexibility to create your own using standard SQL commands to access any data within the XIA Configuration repository.
XIA Configuration Server - Reporting
Regardless of whether you are viewing the configuration of a VMware vCenter server or an Exchange Organization XIA Configuration presents a high level of configuration detail and a standardized user interface.
XIA Configuration Server - Microsoft Exchange
Audit and Track Changes
Every item audited by XIA Configuration can be compared against any other item of the same type. This can be used to
- Track changes made to any item over time to detect unauthorized change
- Compare an item against a golden build
- Compare items within the same role for differences – for example compare all DMZ Web Servers for differences
XIA Configuration Server - Auditing
Quickly see the relationships between items in XIA Configuration visually
XIA Configuration Server - Relationship Mapping
Regardless of the type of item or report XIA Configuration can export this information to high quality PDF documents that support the following
- Document treeview outline
- Password protection
- Branding including your own company logo and color
XIA Configuration Sever - PDF Report
You can download a free trial of XIA Configuration Server here.
Want to write for 4sysops? We are looking for new authors.