Submitted by Mobateam - Blog: Mobatek free software
- FREE: File Permissions Check – Compare folder and file permissions - Fri, Feb 20 2015
- FREE: ABC-Deploy – Software deployment and inventory - Wed, Apr 16 2014
- FREE: AD Permissions Reporter – View Active Directory permissions - Fri, Feb 7 2014
This is post was updated by Olivier from Mobatek. The new features MobaXterm 2.2 can be found at the end of the article.
MobaXterm (formerly known as MobaXVT) is an enhanced terminal with an X server and a set of Unix commands (GNU/Cygwin) packaged in a single portable exe file.
MobaXterm includes a great multitab native Windows terminal, a new X server based on X.Org for easily export your Unix/Linux display and a lot of new GNU Unix commands. You can also use some of the free plugins for extending MobaXterm capabilities!
- The "split-mode" allows SysAdmins to monitor 4 servers at the same time
- The "save history" features allows them to easily keep some logs of their commands
- The ssh/telnet/rlogin/rsh/ftp/scp/sftp/rcp clients allow them to easily interact with remote Unix/Linux computers.
Subscribe to 4sysops newsletter!
- Added some new plugins (Netcat, WinSCP, Filezilla and Xnest)
- Added an HTML documentation in the About window. You can also type "help" in the terminal
- Improved the default console font
- Improved copy/paste when pasting to an external program
- Improved startup speed
- Added a great integrated picture viewer called "ShowImage"
- Added a great integrated text editor with development and diff features called "MobaTextEditor"
- Added a port monitoring program
- Added fdupes - a duplicate files finder (and optionally remover)
- When closing a remote ssh/telnet/rlogin/rsh connection, the tab title is set to the original tab title instead of "$HOSTNAME"
- Corrected a bug when in installed mode, the home directory was not correctly mounted
- The MobaConsole default font has been modified in order to better support antialiasing in Windows Vista and Windows Seven
- The default window size is now adapted to your resolution
- Changed the error message when using the "Create shortcut" button in the bookmarks editor without any bookmark selected
- Added FTP capabilities for bookmarks creation
- In the bookmarks creation dialog, there is a little red star for indicating required fields
- The bookmarks are now editable by double-clicking on them
- You can now select your home directory location, even in portable mode, so that you can keep your home files persistent
- You can now use small buttons for the MobaXterm menus
- You can now start an X-Win session with a light Window Manager ("Openbox")