Submitted by Jerome Laban - Blog: Jerome Laban's Blog
A tool that allows to move Hyper-V VMs without having to export them. It also works remotely with Hyper-V Server.
- FREE: File Permissions Check – Compare folder and file permissions - Fri, Feb 20 2015
- FREE: ABC-Deploy – Software deployment and inventory - Wed, Apr 16 2014
- FREE: AD Permissions Reporter – View Active Directory permissions - Fri, Feb 7 2014
This utility can also work remotely, particularly with Hyper-V Server 2008.
Here is a list of facts to know before using this tool :
- A VM can only be detached if it is in the "Saved" or "Stopped" state.
- It is not necessary to stop the Hyper-V service and all modifications are detected live by the service.
- A VM can only be imported if it contains at least on HDD on the IDE 0 controller.
- All the VM files must be under the same directory, HDD and snapshots.
- All files that are modified are backed-up next to the original files; All other files are not modified nor moved.
- .NET 3.5 must be installed.
- Both command line and GUI tools must run "as administrator".
- For remote operations, the current user must be an member of the administrators group of the remote system.