- FREE: File Permissions Check – Compare folder and file permissions - Fri, Feb 20 2015
- FREE: ABC-Deploy – Software deployment and inventory - Wed, Apr 16 2014
- FREE: AD Permissions Reporter – View Active Directory permissions - Fri, Feb 7 2014
This post was sponsored by Netwrix.
Netwrix has recently made its Account Lockout Examiner completely free. The tool comes with some useful features helping IT managers to cope with account lockouts much faster than when using native Microsoft Account Lockout and Management tools. Once an account lockout event has been detected the tool automatically alerts the help-desk staff and launches the troubleshooting process. It will analyze possible reasons for account lockouts by scanning through system services, mapped network drivers, scheduled tasks, remote desktop sessions, COM/DCOM objects and other places. After the reason for the lockout has been identified, the account can be unlocked quickly via the unified console, web-based interface or even a mobile device.
Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner Help-Desk Portal
- Detects account lockout events in real-time and notifies help-desk staff on account lockouts;
- Troubleshoots account lockouts by scanning though system services, scheduled tasks, mapped network drives, COM/DCOM objects and Windows terminal sessions;
- Unlocks accounts on the domain controllers where they were locked.
The tool consists of three main components each serving a special purpose for enhanced troubleshooting of account lockouts:
1. Administrative Console: a user interface that is used for performing initial and subsequent configurations of the tool as well as for carrying out account lockout examinations, account unlocks and password resets.
2. Help-Desk Portal: a web-based interface allowing IT managers at help desk to perform account lockout examinations, account unlocks and password resets online.
3. Framework Service: a service that is used for processing requests sent by the Help-Desk Portal or Administrative Console and performing the requested operations on a managed domain.
Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner Admin Console
Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner is a freeware product that can be installed on any computer in a domain that has a network access to domain controllers. The product installation on the domain controller is not recommended due to possible CPU load and memory usage.
Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner Results
When one downloads the product from the Netwrix website, a freeware license code is displayed on the web-page. This freeware license never expires. In order to enter this license code, here are three simple steps:
- Navigate to Start > All Programs > Netwrix > Account Lockout Examiner and launch the Administrative Console.
- In the console, navigate to Help > About.
- In the dialog that opens, press the Change License button, enter your license code and click OK
As a bonus from Netwrix, those who download Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner will also receive freeware versions of Netwrix Active Directory Change Reporter and Netwrix Identity Management Suite.