Submitted by Kristin Lindstrom
- FREE: File Permissions Check - Compare folder and file permissions - Fri, Feb 20 2015
- FREE: ABC-Deploy - Software deployment and inventory - Wed, Apr 16 2014
- FREE: AD Permissions Reporter - View Active Directory permissions - Fri, Feb 7 2014
Blackbird auditor express is a free and easy-to-use version of Blackbird auditor. This community version offers real-time change monitoring for organizations with basic Active Directory (AD) auditing needs.
Blackbird auditor express monitors AD and Group Policy Object (GPO) changes in real time - tracking the "WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN" for any modification. For every event, Blackbird captures the before and after values to clearly highlight the change. Additionally, unlike other auditing solutions, Blackbird auditor provides the originating IP address of the computer where a change was made - enabling administrators to more accurately and rapidly isolate root cause users or programs that may be making inappropriate changes to your environment.
Key features ^
- Monitor AD and GPO changes in real time
- See the "WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN" - complete with before and after values and the originating IP address - for every modification or event
- Comply with regulations (HIPAA, SOX, PCI, GLBA and more) by capturing AD change activity in centralized auditing database