Active Directory Assist is an Active Directory Management tool for iPhone and iPad. Also known as ADAssist, this tool presents an easy and intuitive way to manage Active Directory from anywhere, directly from your iOS device, over WIFI or cellular networks.
Submitted by Sami West, BitsAbound Inc.
ADAssist is a native iOS app, which communicates directly with Active Directory using native LDAP calls, encrypted end to end between the device and Domain Controller using Active Directory’s Kerberos v5 protocol. The app does not require any software installation or configuration changes within the Enterprise network.
iOS Active Directory management – Active Directory Assist
The solution is agent less, so you are working within a minute. Just type in the first few letters and auto search immediately builds the list of users. The user interface is easy to use and intuitive, providing context based options. It is like having an Active Directory in your palm.
- Intelligent and optimized search for users, groups, computers and contacts
- Manage user tasks such as Password reset, Unlock Account, and other essential Account Management options such as set “Account expiry date”, set/unset “Password to never expire” and more
- Ability to Add/Remove/Move Users and enable/disable them
- Ability to Move/Delete computers, groups and contacts
- Manage adding and removing members from Groups
- Generate quick reports on “Locked Accounts”, “Soon to expire passwords“ and “Soon to expire accounts”.
Active Directory Assist costs $7.99. The free trial version has all features, but only supports account changes of protected groups (like domain admins).