In the last post of this series we set up our default formatting and built a subroutine that would reset it when the workbook is opened. We also connected to our database, pulled some information, and changed the formatting of our storage sizes. Finally, we password protected our code from prying eyes. In this post, we will create some pizazz for our workbook and make it more attractive by adding charts and a dashboard.
My final post in this four-part series about SCCM Windows deployment troubleshooting details some common packaging errors.
In this poll, I would like to know whether you prefer PowerShell or a graphical user interface (GUI) for managing computers in your corporate network—that is, if you prefer to be an Admin or a DevOp (explained below).
In Part 1 we set up our development environment, added the ActiveX Data Objects reference to our project, and started writing our first bit of code that will run when the workbook opens. In this post, we will connect to the database, retrieve the data we need, and format it into a presentable report for archiving. I will be using server storage metrics from SolarWinds Orion as the test data.